Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 14: I Forgot My Conservative Side at Home...

In response to a message that someone wrote to me from the heart, with concerns about my last blog, I feel it is necessary to write another blog. About my last blog. Does that make sense?

Basically, someone very close to me was concerned that me blogging about sex is too much information to share with the world, and that it could keep me from future employment opportunities.

I absolutely understand his concerns, and I am very thankful that he genuinely worries for me and wants the best for me. But is our country still so conservative that sex can't be a topic of conversation? I have not and will not go into the details of my love life in this blog, just as I will not go into details about my personal life in general--aside from my journey towards a healthier lifestyle.

But I am a grown adult in a monogamous relationship, and just as was noted in the CNN article I posted, sex is a healthy, natural act. Along with that comment, I also believe that one must practice this act responsibly and according to one's own beliefs/convictions.

I like my blogs to be entertaining. I like anything I write to be entertaining, because that's what makes people want to continue reading. And I will use curse words because my blog is not G rated. But I will not apologize for expressing myself. If you go back to my first blog, you'll read my disclaimer about how many people I am fully aware that I may offend. If you're offended, then don't read my blog! Or better yet, leave me comments. I enjoy debates every now and then.

On that note, there is no mention of any illegal or immoral activity in this blog (unless your personal morals are against sex and cursing), nor will there be in the future. So, while I know I might be out of the running for Miss America or President of the United States...I dare ANY future employer to evaluate my work ethics and professional capabilities based on this blog.

In the meantime, I shall write. Because it makes me happy...and happiness is key to living a healthier lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment