Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 128: Do Your Best...

...forget the rest.

Anyone who has joined the p90x cult knows what I'm talking about. High five!

Apparently, I'm the only person in the world who has yet to see an advertisement for p90x. So I am very thankful to my wonderful beau for introducing me to the workout. Because it is incredible...and I'm only one week into it.

My problem with a lot of workouts is that I get bored sooooo easily. I'm not sure where I transitioned from someone who could run around the neighborhood for an hour until I just felt "done" into someone who runs less than a mile before becoming too attention deficit to go any further. But either way, if I get bored with a routine, it's impossible for me to continue...I crave constant excitement and change. A big reason I'm so ridiculously bored with my life most of the time...

But p90x not only gives you constant change throughout each (approx.) 1-hour workout, but also with the order of workouts...so I feel like I might actually stick to this (which is good, considering my AmFam membership is up on May 20).

So far I'm only 1 week in, and I feel amazing. Not only do all of my muscles ache, but my energy is high during the day and I have been sleeping harder than ever. And anyone who knows me or stalks me on facebook can tell you how awfully I've been sleeping for the past few years.

As for the "diet" portion of the system, I'm not even looking at it...mostly because I already eat really healthy and don't have junk food cravings but once in a blue moon. However, I have started eating more nuts and seeds to fulfill my body's protein needs.

And speaking of junk food...this weekend I forgot how much I fucking LOVE buffalo wings. It's basically the only version of chicken I find worth eating (chicken bores the shit out of me...if I'm going to indulge in meat, I'd rather have steak or lamb...cooked rare, thank you). But holy hallelujah, chicken with skin on the bone that's been deep fried and tossed in a concoction of butter and hot sauce...then dipped in fatty ranch dressing...it's like the obese woman inside of me has escaped from prison and is full of glee. I only ate one...but now that my inner fatty has had a taste, it's gonna be hard to suppress the urge. And I have a feeling that there is no vegan version out there that's going to satisfy. Damn.

Anyways, for a complete topic switch...I was thinking the other day while I was in the shower (annnnnnd now you can get that visual out of your dirty mind, thanks)...a lot of people don't buy organic because it's too expensive. And I agree that some products tend to be rather pricey...but I'm a good shopper and I know how to eat organic on a budget. I also cook, so pre-packaged process foods aren't necessary--and that's what's the most expensive anyways, organic or not. Anywho, I understand that many low-income families have this problem. But there are a lot of people out there who would rather spend tons of money on technology and up-to-date "stuff" than on their own well-being. And it's kind of sad to me. Because our bodies are the only real instrument, the only real tool that we have...and once our bodies fail, there's not really anything left of us (unless you're Stephen Hawking). That was my thought of the day, feel free to ponder.

On another note, next Thursday is my birthday! Yippy!

No comments:

Post a Comment